The year 2020 has been one for the record books. Unfortunately, none of the reasons for this are positive.
The year started with Australian bushfires that prompted cities to evacuate while tens of millions of acres burned.
A global pandemic spread , just as deadly as the wildfires, which is still causing havoc across the globe with over a million reported deaths worldwide.
Britain was the next to be hit with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announcing that they are stepping down from their duties as senior royals in Buckingham Palace.
The world then mourned for Kobe and Gigi Bryant, along with seven other passengers who die in a helicopter crash in California.
This was all just in the first 100 days of the year.
So, with Thanksgiving just around the corner feeling thankful is the last thought on many people’s minds.
With so much devastation throughout the year, it is often easy to forget that the year also highlighted the unshakable resolve of first responders, that the world came together to fight for the equality of black lives, as well as showcased incredible performances and laugh out loud viral moments.
Especially with all this sorrow and devastation in the world, it is important to focus on the things we are thankful for.
So, with Thanksgiving not too far off, here are some Thanksgiving Quotes to get you in the Thanksgiving mood.
Best Thanksgiving Quotes
Here are some of the best Thanksgiving quotes to make you feel thankful.
- Thanksgiving quotes food
- Thanksgiving quotes family
- Thanksgiving quotes gratitude
- Thanksgiving quotes America
Who doesn’t love food? Good food is a universal thing that everyone feels thankful for. Besides, the centerpiece of the holiday, apart from giving thanks, is good food.
- “I love Thanksgiving because it is a holiday centered around food and family, two things that are of utmost importance to me” – Marcus Samuelsson
- “Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.” – Kevin James
- “You can’t have Thanksgiving without Turkey. That’s like Fourth of July without apple pie, or Friday with no two pizzas.” – Joey Tribbiani , Friends
- “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” – Jim Davis
- “Do you know what I dream about when I dream about Thanksgiving? I dream about eating so much deliciousness that all the blood rushes to my head and I pass out at the table. Please don’t deny me that.” – Seth Cohen , the O.C
- “You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out.” – Jay Leno
- “Good mashed potato is one of the great luxuries of life.” – Lindsey Bareham
- “A new survey found that 80 percent of men claim they help cook Thanksgiving dinner. Which makes sense, when you hear them consider saying ‘that smells good’ to be helping.” – Jimmy Fallon
- “Coexistence: what the farmer does with the turkey- until Thanksgiving.” – Mike Connolly
- “My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor.” – Phyllis Diller
- “A lot of Thanksgiving days have been ruined by not carving the turkey in the kitchen.” – Kin Hubbard
- “My most memorable meal is every Thanksgiving. I love the food: the turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice, which come from my mother’s Southern heritage; the mashed potatoes; which come from my wife’s Midwestern roots; the Campbell’s green-bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie.” – Doughlas Conant
- “It is common knowledge that the average American gains 7 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.” – Marilu Henner
- “The funny thing about Thanksgiving, or any big meal, is that you spend 12 hours shopping for it then go home and cook, chop, braise and blanch. Then it’s gone in 20 minutes and everybody lies around sort of in a sugar coma and then it takes 4 hours to clean it up.” – Ted Allen , The Food You Want to Eat: 100 Smart, Simple Recipes
- “The turkey. The sweet potatoes. The stuffing. The pumpkin pie. Is there anything else we all can agree so vehemently about? I don’t think so.” – Nora Ephron
- “Thanksgiving is the meal we aspire for other meals to resemble.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
- “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.” – William Shakespeare
- “After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody, even one’s relations.” – Oscar Wilde
- “If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it’s really like making a large chicken.” – Ina Garten
- “I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.” – Erma Bombeck
What is Thanksgiving without meeting your family? Here are some Thanksgiving-inspired quotes about family, to remind you of what is important.
- “What I love about Thanksgiving is that it’s purely about getting together with friends or family and enjoying food. It’s really for everybody, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from.” – Daniel Humm
- “On Thanksgiving, I will stop to give thanks that my family is safe and healthy, especially because I realize that, following the tragedies of this year, it is all too real a possibility that they might not have been.” – Bobby Jindal
- “I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy, and I am loved.” – Reba McEntire
- “At Thanksgiving, I always start at the top of my list and say I’m grateful for friends, family, and good health. Then I get more superficial… like being thankful for my Louboutins.” – Christie Brinkley
- “I think most people have that crazy uncle they sit at Thanksgiving dinner with: someone they disagree with politically but love them anyway.” – Alan Colmes
- “Thanksgiving offers us an annual pause from the pace of life return to places we do not often visit and gather with people we do not often see.” – Jay Milbrandt, They Came for Freedom
- “I love Thanksgiving because it is a time of year when families come together. It is a time of year when the days are shorter, the nights are colder, but you feel warmed by the love of those around you.” – Sarah Spencer, Thanksgiving Feast Cookbook
- “One of the most meaningful days of the year is Thanksgiving Day; a day full of gratitude and turkey surrounded by the love of family and friends.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Thanksgiving is a fun, family holiday that is celebrated every year! Families get together and, in their way, give thanks for the Blessings that they enjoy.” – Leanne Annett, Thanksgiving Day!
- “The best of all blessings is to give thanks for at a family gathering is the family and the gathering.” – Pedro Carvalho
Thankfulness and gratitude engulf the holiday that is Thanksgiving. Here are some Thanksgiving Quotes about gratitude.
- “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” – Nigel Hamilton
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.” – E.P Powell
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” – Joyce Giraud
- “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens
- “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” – Henry Van Dyke
- “The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel. The more gratitude we feel, the more we express thanks. It’s circular, and it leads to a happier life.” – Steve Goodier
- “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all the other virtues.” – Cicero
- “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” – W.T. Purkiser
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
- “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy.” –Unknown
- “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up to exist at all.” – William Faulkner
- “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “The struggle ends when gratitude begins.” – Neale Donald Walsh
What is Thanksgiving but an American holiday, although not purely celebrated in America alone. Here are some Thanksgiving quotes to highlight the American traditions associated with it.
- “There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.” – O. Henry, Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen
- “I’m from Canada, so Thanksgiving to me is just Thursday with more food. And I’m thankful for that.” – Howie Mandel
- “Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday- it’s a day that’s American to the core and it’s a day that’s all about what and how we eat.” – Marcus Samuelsson
- “Thanksgiving is America’s favorite holiday, and a brilliant piece of personal as well as patriotic calendrical invention.” – Linda Colley
- “Of all of the food-filled holidays, Thanksgiving reigns king in the United States.” – Gia Scott, A Home Style Thanksgiving
We hope these Thanksgiving Quotes helped you to get in the thankful spirit of the holiday.
Go ahead, and share them with your friends and family. And remember despite everything going on in the world, there is always something to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
- 7 Tips to Rock It as a Freelancer In 2021!
- Best Video Editing Software (Free & Paid) for 2021
- 5 Tools to Maximize Productivity In HR Department
- 10 Productivity Tips for Notetakers In 2020
The post Thanksgiving Quotes to get you in the Thankful Spirit appeared first on Productivity Land .