Without an impactful site optimization strategy, drawing visitors to your site is like hunting in the wild weaponless. Think about it: countless websites that offer similar products to yours are all competing for that top spot on Google searches. Optimizing your website to make it to the top of search results is no longer a luxury but an imperative necessity.
When it comes to SEO, it’s easy to get lost in a world full of tricky and shifty algorithms. Nonetheless, proven strategies can improve your site’s performance and make it more visible to visitors. Granted that implementing some of the techniques, we’ll discuss will need a budget. However, you have the option of reaching out to lenders for small business loans to implement an effective SEO strategy for your small business.
Read on for more on SEO techniques.
- It boosts the credibility of your business.
- It gives you a competitive edge over your peers by improving brand awareness increasing quality traffic and conversions.
- It helps you edge out competitors on local searches with an effective Local SEO strategy.
- Ranking organically by SEO on Google costs you nothing, unlike paid advertising.
- In a bid to roll out fresh and valuable content, a good SEO strategy boosts content creation.
- Combines well with Pay-Per-Click advertising to deliver overwhelming results.
- A site that’s well optimized for SEO provides an excellent user experience.
- A website with valuable content will improve user engagement.
You know your website is performing well when it scores highly on maximizing traffic and enhanced user engagement.
When evaluating the performance of your website and social media page, there are key metrics that you zero in on. Such KPIs that you need to monitor includes:
- The amount of traffic on your site- determined by the number of visitors.
- The primary sources of your site visitors.
- The level of engagement on your site.
- Knowing who your site visitors are by their Geography, demographics, interests, and the channels they used to access your site.
- The conversion rates on your site.
- Google Analytics
- Hootsuite Analytics
- Channelview Insights
- UTM parameters
- HubSpot Website Grader
1. Develop a responsive website
Approximately 60% of searches are performed from hand-held devices. That’s an emerging trend projected to grow in the days to come. A responsive website loads fast and adapts well when viewed from mobile devices. If your website isn’t optimized for mobile, reach out to professional web designers to help you out. You can consider applying for small business loans if you’re tight on funds.
2. Invest in Local SEO
Optimize your website for businesses near you:
- Create a Google My Page listing for your business.
- Create local content and use local keywords.
- Optimize local citations.
- Get local backlinks.
3. Valuable content remains king
Ultimately, authentic and valuable, actionable and relevant content will rake in visitors and keep them coming back. People will share, link back to, and revisit websites that are a repository of original content. Google uses this factor to rank sites. By being a champion of statistically accurate and authoritative content, you’ll improve your rankings. Invest in quality, evergreen content.
4. Research profitable long-tail keywords
Targeted keywords make or break an SEO campaign . Research appropriate keywords that reflect the search intent of visitors to your site. As a small business, it’s easier to rank with long-tail keywords. Ensure the words you choose are profitable with a good search volume. If you operate a local branch business, incorporate keywords that are unique in the area.
5. Video content
Video is emerging as the content type to beat. Its popularity is bullish, and some experts project that it will soon reign supreme over all kinds of content. YouTube, for instance, has over 2 billion active users. Optimize your video content for SEO to help your content rank highly.
By embracing the 5 SEO techniques we’ve explored, you can grow quality traffic to your site and social media platforms and boost your sales. If you need funding to adopt the SEO techniques we’ve discussed, consider reaching out for small business loans to optimize your site for visitors.