Getting leads through your sales cycle is not an easy thing to do. In this regard, the lead nurturing process is crucial for converting them to customers.
You can have a solid CRM to manage leads (like this one: https://getprospect.com/crm ) or have a good lead gen approach bringing you leads. Yet, your efforts are unlikely to get significant results without the relationship building that nurturing offers.
Read on to learn more about how to handle lead nurturing and design a lead nurturing campaign that will facilitate your overall strategy.
Do you Need a Lead Nurturing Strategy?
If you are visiting this page, you are likely to have asked yourself whether you need nurture marketing in your arsenal. And the answer is obvious. Yes, you do. Why? Subject to Invesp , the firms using lead nurturing strategies bring 50% more sales-ready leads at lower costs. Besides, it gives you other benefits.
Leads nurturing allows you to build relationships with the leads, meaning you will be able to:
- Contribute to the trust in your brand or company
- Provide additional value
- Establish deeper connection
- Raise a certain level of awareness based on the content you provide
- Make you an opinion leader
How to use nurture marketing right, then?
Set the Right Lead Nurturing Process
Notably, the success of any leads nurturing depends on your actions and whether they are appropriate in regard to general goals, audience needs, and content quality.
To establish the right lead nurture campaign process, you need to:
- Identify goals and objectives you are to follow. The relationships you build should add to the operation. Thus, ensure you know whether you nurture to make people download a lead magnet, drive traffic, start a trial or download a demo. Each of these objectives refers to different stages of the sales cycle.
- Determine and understand your audience. At the same time, to get a deep connection, you will need to reflect on the audience’s pain points and provide something valuable. Thus, ensure you segment the audience based on social listening and the buyer persona profile.
- Map the journey to the purchase. Lastly, have a defined map of how a customer will go from the awareness to the decision stage. As soon as you have a path, set workflows and back them with the different ideas, materials, or content.
How to Improve Lead Nurturing Workflow?
Lead nurturing should occur at every sales cycle stage to get the customers to purchase. That’s why establishing good workflows at each one of them is crucial. Why? It can offer you greater engagement and, thus, support your relationships.
To improve the lead nurturing workflow, you need to:
1. Have defined workflows
First, identify the workflows reflecting the path of your leads. The workflow is the touch the company delivers to engage with the customer, usually by the lead nurturing marketing automation. Most companies will have separate workflows for a welcoming, offering, engagement, re-engagement, and customer retention .
2. Provide value at every stage
Next, to interest a lead or a prospect, you have to think of the content that will affect them. For instance, in the initial phase, you can use quizzes, blogs, and educational videos. At the consideration stage, you can offer educational content in a newsletter or share ebooks and case studies.
Also, when the customer decides on whether to buy a product or not, you can keep their attention by sending them pricing files, demos, trials, or promotions.
In the end, you should think your workflow through and support it with the content to ensure a high level of conversion. Significantly, the lead nurturing services and lead generation software can help you automate the whole funnel helping to engage with nurtured leads.
Email Lead Nurturing Tips
Also, many lead nurturing strategies rely on email marketing. The reason is that the email channel is relatively cheap, offers direct communication, and has excellent reach . It is widely used to share content with the targeted leads after their subscription.
What are the tactics related to nurturing email campaigns?
- Attract experts to create pieces. To provide value via educational content, you can contact experts and create joint expert pieces or blog articles. For instance, you can use an email finder that works on LinkedIn to extract emails of opinion leaders and collaborate with them regarding a new case study.
- Be consistent. Whether posting on social media , sending a newsletter, or publishing a blog article, it is essential to be consistent. Try to share content periodically and pick the frequency that suits your resources and goals.
- Apply segmentation. There are different leads. You generate some from lead magnets or targeted ads; others from cold outreach. Each audience is diverse, meaning you should design separate emails answering their pain points.
- Include personalization. Moreover, when approaching different types of leads, those from outreach or websites, you need to personalize the messages. It means that you should focus on their needs, complement them, and use any detail to make them interested. For this purpose, you can find leads in prospects’ databases and check information on them there or reflect their behavior, and use the information they insert to download a lead magnet.
Author Bio: Vlada Korzun
+4 years I have been working in content marketing mainly in B2B, international market. I’ve already had experience with 10 long-term projects (both freelance and full-time). Now I work in a SaaS for salespeople and take on side projects. I mentored 3 people, and continue sharing my knowledge in various forms.