Project managers are like generals that have to bear the responsibility for the outcome of any war. And as the project management paradigm is like a warzone every single day, project managers have to make sure that they are staying focused and organized for the project to go well and for their entire team.
One thing you need to understand is that keeping all of the team members for any project manager is no easy task. It takes a lot of skill to make sure that all of the project development processes are being performed at a steady pace, resulting in the project being completed on time.
So, being organized is everything.
But, how can the project managers get themselves organized enough to govern a team full of developers and other personnel, and get the project completed in time without any hurdles?
If you are looking for the solution to that question, then you came to the right place.
In this article, we are going to talk about 6 of the best tips and tricks to organize your project management process in no time.
6 Best Tips to Organize Your Project Management Process
Here is a list of the 6 different tips to spruce up your PM process.
- Using nTask as a project management tool
- Delegate tasks and assign due dates to all of them
- Employ different communication methods
- Set KPIs and OKRs before working on your projects
- Define your project scope and build a detailed project plan
- Review and prioritize all of your tasks
Let’s take a look at these tips and tricks to find out how you can organize your project management process easily without any hurdles.
Using nTask as a project management tool
One thing you need to do as a project manager is to make sure that you are equipped with the best project management tool that the market has to offer. That is nTask .
The application is a task management and project management tool that allows you to make sure that all of your tasks and processes are well-tracked and managed without any hurdles or problems.
The application is also a team management tool that helps you govern all of your team members about any task and process, wherever they may be.
Some of the other features that this application has to offer are:
- Time tracking and timesheet management to keep track of the tasks that the team members perform concerning the time that they spent on those tasks
- Real-time collaboration on tasks and other commenting options that help the team members to collaborate regarding different modules of the project
- Risk management and issue tracking to make sure that all of the scope creeps and risks are weeded out before they get to harm the project at any stage
- Seamless integration with a lot of different apps to make sure that you get to do all of your work from a single interface without any hurdles
Delegate tasks and assign due dates to all of them
One thing you need to keep in mind as a project manager is to make sure that your team members understand what they are assigned as part of the project development process.
You need to make sure that you give them the proper knowledge about the tasks that they are trying to perform, and you should assign them due dates to complete the project on time with minimal to no issues.
How to manage tasks with nTask?
- Create tasks and assign them to the relevant team members
- Set up proper deadlines to ensure that the project is completed on time
- Change the status of the tasks as they are being worked on and are completed by the team members
- Track the performance of the team members by checking the status or the progress bar of each task
- Easily spot issues or bottlenecks that can cause delays in task execution
Employ different communication methods
Project management is properly dependent on the team members being in proper communication with each other and their project managers.
This communication ensures that everyone is on the same page in regards to the tasks and processes at hand, and if there are any issues, everyone can join hands and get rid of them easily.
To make communication more seamless, nTask offers integrations with different third-party softwares like Microsoft Teams and Zoom , so that the team members can easily contact their colleagues and managers, and get things done.
Set KPIs and OKRs before working on your projects
One thing you need to do as a project manager is to make sure that the objectives and OKRs are pinpointed. This will make sure that the project meets expectations and that everything gets done smoothly.
You need to share this information with the rest of the team so that they can understand how success is measured and milestones are achieved.
Here are some possible KPIs that you can track as part of the project development process.
- Percentage of all of the different deadlines that have been successfully met by the project development team
- The budget that is going to be spent on the project development process
- All of the milestones that are going to be met on time, and also the delays that caused them to malfunction, so that you can have the proper information about them and you don’t make the same mistake in the future
- You should also track the average cost per hour that you or your company face
Define your project scope and build a detailed project plan
We know that project management is essential and it starts with the planning process. As a project manager, you need to decide on a measurable and finite end, so that you can guide your project management process to success.
You need to plan for all of the different stages of your project so that it can be broken down into smaller digestible parts that can be done easily, otherwise, this process can get quite overwhelming.
Here are some of the items that you can include in a project plan.
- You can share the priority of all of the different parts of the project development process. This helps makes sure that everyone knows what they have to do first and what needs to be done at the very end for maximum value generation.
- You need to set the budget for all of the different parts and processes of the project. This will helps make sure that your money is not wasted on a single module and that all of the project processes are completed within budget.
- You also have to lay out the project timeline to ensure that the project team members know what they have to do and when they have to do it. This will help you to be organized and handle all of your resource management responsibilities.
- You should also set milestones and schedule check-ins so that when milestones are completed and goals are met, the team members get together in whatever capacity and update the rest of the team.
Review and prioritize all of your tasks
Creating a project roadmap with all of the different bells and whistles is great, but you need to make sure that the project team members use this roadmap, otherwise, there is no point in creating one and wasting your valuable time.
You should make time to look at the plan often and see what has been done by the team members, what needs to be done by them, and what tasks require a status update by the team. Once you look at all of these things together, you can get a clear idea of where the project is going and how is going to get there.
These were 5 of the best tips and tricks that you can use to organize your entire project management process. If you think that you can add value to this article with your valuable suggestion, then you should email us and we will get back to you ASAP.
Guest Post By – Fred Wilson at nTask
The post 6 Best Tips and Tricks to Organize Your Project Management Process appeared first on Productivity Land .